Clarkson Piano Studio offers a FREE TRIAL lesson
In setting down the following policies, Jennifer’s wish is to develop good relationships with pupils and parents alike.
The Parent signs an enrolment form before tuition can commence.
- Full payment of the tuition fee by the school term is due by the last day of the previous term as detailed in an invoice, which is given towards the end of the term.
- Four (4) weeks’ notice in writing is required to discontinue lessons or change lesson time / day, as 4 weeks’ lessons will be charged from the date of notice.
- Tuition is to be paid for the whole term regardless of how many lessons are attended unless notice has been given to discontinue.
- Tuition fee is non-refundable.
- Tuition is provided on a weekly basis during the school term.
- Free workshop classes are held during the year. Pupils are encouraged to attend to gain performing experience.
Books and Materials
- Books must be paid for upfront before being handed out.
- Materials can be downloaded from the Downloads page.
- Any photocopies of free worksheets to be paid for.
- No refunds will be given for lessons missed by the student.
- Make-up lessons will not be provided.
- Any lessons missed by Jennifer will be made up.
- Preparation each week is obligatory and all books brought to the lesson.
- Jennifer requires that students have a good quality, well-tuned, acoustic piano and a metronome in their home for practising.
- A weighted, 88-key digital piano is acceptable for beginner level pupils.
- A lesson’s duration is calculated upon grade / level. Jennifer reserves the right to decide upon lesson duration.
Suggestions for minimum daily practise ~
- Beginners to Grade 1 – 30 minutes.
- Grade 2-4 – 40 minutes.
- Grade 5-6 – 50 minutes.
- Grade 7-8 – 60 minutes.
- Certificate/Diploma level – 90 minutes.
The Parents’ task is to ensure that weekly practice and assignments are completed.
Free Workshop Classes
Pupils are expected to attend free workshop classes where they perform in front of their peers.
- I agree that Jennifer Clarkson is not responsible for any injuries sustained at the studio site.
- Jennifer Clarkson has the right to discontinue teaching any pupil who portrays inappropriate conduct or who fails to respect studio policies, for which there is no refund of tuition fees.